Although we all know that global warming is something, most of us do not about the real effects of global warming, is it really happening? why it’s happening, what’s causing it, and how it might change the planet.
The truth is that global warming is really causing worldwide climate change. Here are some facts to show the effects of global warming.
• The average temperatures have gone up almost 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) all over the world since 1880.
• The most alarming thing is that this rate of warming is increasing. The last two decades of the 20th century were the hottest in 400 years.
• The Arctic is suffering the most. Average temperatures of Alaska, western Canada, and eastern Russia have increased almost twice the global average.
• Arctic ice is disappearing rapidly, and the region may have its first completely ice free summer in 2040 or sooner. Polar bears are already becoming fewer due to ice loss.
• Glaciers and other mountain snows are melting much more quickly as compared to years ago.
• Extreme weather events, such as wild fires, heat waves and strong tropical storms have also become more common due to the global climate change.